Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material for all locations by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supplies and reviews a monthly production report with the president of all open orders to determine material to be ordered.
- Orders all raw and painted coil stock materials needed.
- Keeps and tracks paint codes, with the SRI values. Updating and working with Marketing and Sales Departments to make sure everyone is using same data.
- Interacts with sales, marketing and production, concerning new products and specific materials needed for special orders, as well as changes to existing products for better performance or monetary advantage.
- Compiles data from sources such as purchase orders and invoices and enters information into computer to maintain inventory records.
- Maintains current price matrix of standard resale items for sales department.
- Searches inventory records or warehouse for sales team, to determine if material on hand is in enough quantity. Is the packaging backup.
- Consults suppliers to negotiate prices and specifications.
- Writes or types purchase order and sends copy to supplier and department originating request.
- Computes total cost of items purchased.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and places orders with suppliers.
- Verifies bills from suppliers and purchase orders and approves bills for payment.
- Conflict free database reporting and vendor claim reporting.
- Responsible for following standard ordering processes and procedures. Follows up with Quality Administrator to ensure changes to documents are maintained.
- Observes and follows all company safety policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write reports, proposals and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.