ATAS Introduces New Online Continuing Education Course
- Identify the types of metal roof panels and their performance capabilities, as well as the key test methods used to evaluate these systems for wind resistance impacting occupants’ safety and security.
- Utilize other important roofing tests and code requirements for metal roof and perimeter edge systems.
- Analyze the effects of high winds on the roof and building envelope, and common causes of failure due to inadequate installation.
- Optimize metal roofing specifications for enhanced durability and occupant safety based upon testing data and real-world performance.
- Gather best practices for ensuring durable and secure roofing designs gleaned from experience in the field and working closely with metal roofing manufacturers.
In addition to this new online course, ATAS has also updated their course on “Designing for the Effects of Wind on a Building – Tests and Reality”. This course is also approved by the AIA continuing education system for one AIA LU/HSW, and IIBEC for one IIBEC CEH.
Lee Ann Slattery, Sales Support Manager for ATAS, stated, “With the addition of these educational resources, ATAS now offers a total of 13 courses, 10 of which can be given in a firm’s office or virtually by our team of product representatives and market specialists. The other three are online courses which can be taken on-demand. ATAS is proud to continue sharing our industry knowledge and provide education for those in the design and construction community.”
To review the entire listing of ATAS’ AIA approved courses, visit https://www.atas.com/aiaandgbciapprovedseminars.