ATAS International Recognized as Top Workplace for Third Consecutive Year
ATAS International, Inc. has been awarded a 2018 Top Workplaces honor for the third consecutive year by The Morning Call. The organizations who receive a Top Workplaces award are determined solely on the results of an employee feedback survey administered by Energage, a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement. Several aspects of workplace culture were measured, including employee engagement, leadership, alignment, and connection, just to name a few. Engaged employees are known to drive productivity and results at work, which benefit the organization’s own team members, as well as their customers.
“Becoming a Top Workplace isn’t something organizations can buy. It’s an achievement that organizations have to work for,” says Doug Claffey, CEO and Cofounder of Energage. “The Top Workplaces award is not a popularity contest. And oftentimes, people assume it’s all about fancy perks and benefits. But to be a Top Workplace, organizations must meet our strict standards for organizational health. And who better to ask about work life than the people who live the culture every day—the employees. Time and time again, our research has proven that what’s most important to them is a strong belief in where the organization is headed, how it’s going to get there, and the feeling that everyone is in it together”. Claffey adds, “Without this sense of connection, an organization doesn’t have a shot at being named a Top Workplace.”
ATAS International is honored to once again receive this prestigious award. Comments made by ATAS employees while completing the survey were not only shared with the owners and managers at ATAS, but with all the employees. Some of the survey comments made anonymously by the ATAS team members include:
- I would recommend working at ATAS because coworkers, working conditions, benefits, and camaraderie are postive. there is always a produce, process, or activity new and differen on the horizon
- The leaders are dedicated to keeping the company growing by looking for new products, ideas, and investing in new equipment to keep the employees growing and secure in their jobs.
- Different points of view are encouraged at ATAS during meetings and with the open-door policy of managers. We realize it’s important to hear how others view something which may result in a positive change in how something is being done.
- They are very flexible with personal commitments and accommodate requests to work around our standard schedules when needed.
- Leadership, sales, and business development courses and on-line training is formal training found to be most valuable.
- My supervisor is excellent in his management style and training style. Very understanding and tailors to each individual’s way of learning.
- I am always challenged and love my job. I am given decision making power.
Along with the positive feedback were suggestions on areas for improvement, which will be reviewed and considered for implementation.
Jim Bus, Executive Vice President at ATAS International, said “ATAS is very proud to once again receive this Top Workplaces award. We feel that supporting our employees with training opportunities, encouraging them to provide feedback and ideas, and being flexible to accommodate employee family needs as they arise are important in the continued growth of the company. Along with our ‘March Forth on March Fourth’ annual goal achievement challenge, ATAS nurtures personal, as well as professional, development of our employees. Collectively, we reach toward continuous improvement which benefits our customers and our staff. This year marks ATAS’ 55th year in business, and I am very proud of all our employees, present and past, who helped us reach this milestone.”