November 2, 2018
What is PVDF?
PVDF is a specialty plastic used in applications requiring high purity, as well as resistance to solvents, acids, and bases.
- Piping products
- Fishing line (fluorocarbon)
- Insulator for premium wine
- In fine powder grade, it is an ingredient for high-end paints for metals due to their gloss and color retention
- Has been used for over 50 years with field-proven performance
- We now market as 70% PVDF in our marketing terminology
- Exceeds AAMA 2605 requirements when applied to aluminum
- Requirements for superior performing organic coatings (highest performance standard in the industry)
- Meets MCA Premium Painted performance requirements.